There are road closures of which the motoring public needs to be aware for the "Salute to Freedom" celebration July 4, 2012, in downtown Panama City. Parking on the Marina will be limited.
• No vehicular traffic will be allowed in the designated event area (Panama City Marina) after 3 p.m. on July 3rd, 2012 through approximately 10:00 p.m., July 4th, 2012.
• The boat ramp on the Marina will be closed at 12:00 a.m. (midnight) July 3rd through approximately 10:00 p.m. July 4, 2012.
• Marina tenants and vendor parking will be by permit only in the parking lot south of the Panama City, City Hall.
• Limited public parking will be allowed in the lot north of the Civic Center.
• Beach Drive west of Harrison to the intersection of Beach Drive and West 6th Street and Beach Drive east of Harrison to Cherry Street will be closed to vehicular traffic at approximately 6:00 p.m. on July 4th. This will reopen to vehicular traffic after the fireworks once it is deemed safe.
• Motorists traveling east and west crossing Grace, Jenks and Harrison Avenue should expect delays due to the heavy flow of traffic from those leaving the downtown area after the fireworks.
Information provided by the Panama City Police Department