Scarecrow entries are being accepted for the 2012 St. Andrews Scarecrow Festival, which occurs on Saturday, October 27. For the 4th straight year, St. Andrews will host dozens of all-weather handcrafted scarecrows on display in front of businesses and homes. Prizes will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place winners in each category.
The competitive categories for 2012 scarecrow-building are:
1. Traditional – Open to ALL Individuals & Families. Display must have scarecrow(s) that resemble those found in fields and gardens for centuries and made of natural materials.
2. Whimsical – Open to ALL Individuals & Families. Whimsical characters made of any materials that can withstand the outside elements (wind & rain!)
3. St. Andrews Business – Open to "for-profit" businesses residing in St. Andrews. Display may reflect and promote your business.
4. Area Business – Open to "for-profit" businesses not located in St. Andrews. Display may reflect and promote your business.
5. Clubs & Organizations – Open to clubs, non-profits and civic or service organizations. Displays can be traditional, whimsical, or represent your organization.
6. Schools – Open to any and all schools in Bay County. Displays can be traditional, whimsical or represent your school.
For more information or questions, call Rob Rosner at (850) 872-7208 or Charlotte Smith at (850) 785-1899, or visit www.HistoricStAndrews.com.