Investigators suspect arson in a Saturday morning fire that completely destroyed a Millville house. No one was injured in the blaze.
According to the Panama City Fire Department, firefighters responded to the three alarm fire at 340 Center Avenue at 10:51 a.m. They found heavy smoke and flames coming from the one-story structure and went inside to fight the fire, but extreme smoke and heat forced them back outside.
Investigators said a witness reported seeing a person leave the house less than an hour before the fire. The house was vacant and had no utility service; police suspect a fire started for cooking got out of control.