Kathie Riley and Chef Mike from My Best Friend's Kitchen teamed up with Jerry Tabatt to make Jerry's Famous Pumpkin Pie. Kathie and Chef Mike made the pie crust and the whipped cream topping, and Jerry made his family's pumpkin pie filling.
The following pie crust and whipped cream recipe are courtesy of Kathie Riley and My Best Friend's Kitchen. Visit www.MyBFK.com or call (850) 248-6235.
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 stick of butter, slightly softened
- Approximately 3 oz ice water
- Pinch salt
- Pinch sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, and salt.
- Cut in the butter until it's in lumps the size of small peas.
- Add the water, a little at a time, kneading as you mix the water into the dough
- Fold the dough over on itself three or four times to bring it together and pat it into a disks
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes before rolling.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form.
- Beat in vanilla and sugar until peaks form.
For Jerry's pie filling recipe, check out the video link.