Cosson's Rent-All Fire Ruled Accidental - WMBB News 13 - The Panhandle's News Leader

Cosson's Rent-All Fire Ruled Accidental

Posted: Updated:

A fire that demolished a Springfield business last week has been ruled accidental.

Last week, Cosson's Rent-All, located at the corner of Cherry Street and Business 98 in Springfield was destroyed by a midday fire.

According to the State Fire Marshall, two employees were welding on a riding lawn mower and when they finished the weld, they noticed that the mower was on fire.

The Fire Marshall says the employees possibly nicked a gas line on the mower that ignited the blaze and by the time they were able to get a fire extinguisher, the blaze was out of control.

The building and the business are a total loss.