This weekend is one of those weekends here in the Panhandle where it's not about finding something to do but rather choosing what to do. My family is trying to decide now and make our plans so I thought I would put together a list of happenings for you as well.
What: WMBB News 13 and Friends Charity Weekend
When:Saturday, October 26th (tickets also valid on October 27th)
Where: Gulf World Marine Park
Cost: Adults $14, children $9
- Come out and meet your favorite News 13 Personalities - all while raising money for a great cause! Gulf World and News 13 are teaming up for our 4th Annual News 13 and Friends Charity Weekend! Gulf World has reduced ticket prices to half off - the best price all year!
- Each ticket must be pre-purchased - there will be no day of event tickets sold!
- Buy your ticket at News 13 or from any Girls, Inc. member and come out and have a GREAT weekend with us!
What: WMBB News 13 Day at the Cole Brothers Circus
When:Saturday, October 26th with shows at 1:30P, 4:30P and 7:30P (Other dates and times; Friday, October 25th at 4:30P and 7:30P and Sunday at 1:30P and 4:30P)
Where: Frank Brown Park
Cost: Adults $16 in advance, free tickets for children under 13 at www.gotothecircus.com, Reserved seating add $4, VIP seating add $7
What: Bay County 4th Annual Hayride
When: Friday, October 25th and Saturday, October 26th 5:30 - 10P
Where: H. G. Harder's Park, 8110 John Pitts Rd.
Cost: Adults $5, children 13 to 7 $3, children under 6 FREE
- The trail winds through about a mile of the park's wooded walking track and features dozens of haunted sites along the way, manned by volunteers.
- Last year, some 5,000 visitors braved the county's spooky setup, raising around $17,000 for charity.
- For the younger children – or the faint of heart – from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Oct. 26 visit the Pumpkin Patch, a free, fun alternative to trick or treating with games, candy and more. A costume contest will be held at 7 p.m. in the Pumpkin Patch, with prizes in four age groups. Children two and under will compete for the top prizes of cutest and funniest; and kids ages three to five, six to eight and nine to 10 years old will compete for the scariest or cutest designation.
- Please come out and enjoy this year's Haunted Hay Ride and support a worthy cause. For more information, please call Janie Lucas at 784-4065.
What: ZooBoo 2013
When: Saturday, October 26th 5-8P
Cost: $1 per person donation
- ZooBoo is designed to provide a safe environment for Trick-or-Treating. For the safety of the animals, many will be put up for the night, however there will still be some on display. Please be safe and use the lighted crosswalk provided by the Thomas Drive Fire Department when crossing Front Beach Road.
- Costume Contest For All Ages! Spaces are limited and may not be reserved.
- Website: http://www.zooworldpcb.net/zooworldevents.html
What: Scarecrow Festival
When: Saturday, October 26th 9A - 1P
Where: Oaks by the Bay Park
- In addition to the Scarecrow Contest, the Scarecrow Fest features kids' games and the Trick-or-Treat Trail at every farmers' market vendor and at every red umbrella raised throughout the village.
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/StAndrewsScarecrowFest
What: Boo at the Beach
When:Saturday, October 26th 1-4P
Where: Pier Park
- Pier Park, Panama City Beach's premier open-air shopping destination with more than 125 popular retail and dining choices, invites families to join them for the annual Boo at the Beach spooktacular. Little ghouls and ‘boo'tiful princesses will enjoy frightfully fun Halloween-inspired games and activities, festive giveaways and more, as well as have the chance to participate in a costume contest.
- Website: www.simon.com/mall/pier-park
What: Mosier Family's Haunted Corn Maze "Field of Screams"
When: October 25 & 26th, Oct. 31st, Nov. 1st, Dark - 10p.m.
Where: 2565 Standland Road, Cottondale, FL 32431
- The Mosiers own and operate a dairy farm but come Halloween, they invite everyone out for a walk through their haunted corn maze. Once daylight begins to fade, the "Field of Screams" opens up and ghosts and goblins begin to come out.
- For specific directions or more information, call (850) 326-6168, or (850)415-0812
What: Haunted House of Horrors
When: Now through Oct. 31st, 6p - 9p weeknights, 6p-10p weekend
Where: 2134 Highway 231, Cottondale, FL
- The Mack Family invites you to take a walk through their Haunted House of Horrors. They previously offered this attraction in downtown Marianna. Not only is the location new this year but the Macks have added a haunted ghost town you must walk through in order to exit.
- For specific directions or more information, call (850) 557-9928
What: Kinard Halloween carnival
When: Saturday, Oct. 26th at 5pm
Where: Kinard Community Center
- Good food, games, toys, prizes, candy, cake walks, cake auction, pony rides, car bash, and much much more! There will be different categories for costume contests for ages 0-12 years. Come out and enjoy some clean family fun! Gates open at 5pm and the costume contest will begin at approximately 6pm.
- This helps raise money for the Kinard Volunteer Fire Department.