At this time there are no road or bridge closures. Highway officials are keeping an eye on weather conditions in case that changes. They recommend you don't go out tonight unless you have to.
There are some tools available to help motorists check on road conditions.
The Florida Highway Patrol is asking people to simply stay off the roads. But for some people that just isn't possible.
If you have to be on the roads tonight or tomorrow. You can check the current conditions before you leave your house using your computer or your tablet.
Florida's 511 and the Florida Highway Patrol will be keeping an updated list of road issues here in the Panhandle.
Safety Tips from Highway Patrol:
• Stay put. Avoid driving, if at all possible. The safest place to be is off the roads.
• Slow down. When roads are icy, vehicles don't have the traction required to stop quickly.
• Stay alert. When the temperature is near freezing, the roadway may look wet when in fact ice is forming.
• Remember that bridges and overpasses are more prone to freezing in these types of conditions.
• Don't attempt to pass slower vehicles.
• Leave plenty of space between your vehicle and the one in front of you.
• Gently apply your brakes and accelerate at a slow speed.
• Be patient and courteous. Driving in adverse weather conditions can be stressful.
• Remember to dial *FHP (347) from your cell phone if you are on the road and need assistance.