Authorities respond to a call about an early morning fire just after 1 a.m. on Tuesday.
Panama City Fire, along with Panama City Police, responded to the No Name Motel, 1338 Harrison Ave., after a possible explosion was reported. First responders say they saw glass blown out of the door and a small fire inside one of the units.
Firefighters put out the fire, which police believe started because of a shake and bake type methamphetamine lab located inside the unit. No one was injured in the incident.
Panama City Police Chief Scott Irvin says a special team that specializes in meth lab cases is investigating the situation.
""It appears one of the generators may have gassed off, so that's what that noise was that sounded like an explosion," Irvin said. "It was enough compression to blow glass out the room."
Panama City Police are currently searching for the occupant of that unit. Witnesses tell police they saw a white man running south on Harrison Avenue around the time of the fire.
If you have any information, you're asked to call Panama City Police at 872-3112.